The University of the Philippines College of Law Library is considered as the country's "National Law Library." It is located in a four-storey air-conditioned building connecting the UP College of Law and UP Law Center. It is called the Espiritu Hall, in honor of the third Dean of the UP College of Law, Dean Jose A. Espiritu.
The pre-war College of Law Library had its start in a small working library housed in one of the rooms of a rented building at No. 68 Isaac Peral (now United Nations Ave.) located at the intersection of Isaac Peral and Nebraska (now J. Bocobo) Streets in Ermita, Manila. The library contained about 14,500 volumes, 109 pamphlets, and 125 periodical titles augmented by a big collection of pictures and vertical file materials. The library was closed when the College and the rest of the University was ordered closed on December 13, 1941.
In addition to these resources, students of the college also availed of the law collection of the National Library and, by special arrangement, the libraries of the Office of the Attorney-General and the Supreme Court.
Since rehabilitation days, the library has moved from the devastated portion of the Philippine General Hospital to the Alumni Hall and Engineering Buildings in Manila, to one of the deserted Quonset huts in Diliman, to the entire third floor of Malcolm Hall, Bocobo Hall. In June 24, 1983 the UP Law Library has moved to its present location in Espiritu Hall.
The College of Law Library has been administered by a roster of worthy and qualified librarians. The list of former College of Law Librarians include the following lawyers, alumni-all of the UP College of Law: Serafin P. Hilado and Jose A. Espiritu of Class 1913; Jose P. Yulo And Eladio R. Leano, of Class 1914; Manuel Tabora of Class 1918; Myrna S. Feliciano of Class 1973 and Antonio M. Santos of Class 1980. The last two mentioned have been both graduates of Bachelor of Laws and Master in Law Librarianship Degrees from the University of Washington, Seattle, USA. The other includes the following librarians, alumni-all of the University : Dalmacio Alarilla (BSLS '29), Carlos P. Abrera (BSE '29), E. Arsenio Manuel (M.A. '54), Pacifico M. Austria ( BSE '33), Clarissa Dimalanta (BSE '41), Marina G. Dayrit (BSE '37), and Ms. Lilia F. Echiverri (MLS '96). At present, the UP Law Library Officer-in-Charge (OIC) is Prof. Myrna S. Feliciano.